Episode 48 Show Notes
Why Is it Important for Christians to Understand the Trinity?
From the Show
Why is it important for Christians to understand the Trinity?
"Think about it. If God was just one person as Jews, Muslims, and Unitarians believe then a) God couldn't be love, because there was no one else to love until he created us, b) we couldn't be saved from God's judgment by God himself if Jesus was merely another human being, a sinner like us. He couldn't save us. Even if you were sinless he couldn't save us because only God can save us. c) If the Spirit was not God himself he couldn't have wedded the eternal Son to our humanity, unite us to that glorified humanity, and then indwell, sanctify, and glorify us. We can't be glorified, we can't be made like God by someone other than God himself." — Michael Horton
Questions in this Episode
1. Why do you think it’s important for Christians to understand the Trinity?
2. If we are being guarded for a salvation, as it says in 1 Peter 1:5, does that mean we are not saved right now?
3. Does James 5:16 require me to confess my sins to other Christians?
4. What advice do you have for someone who wants to get serious about understanding their faith?
5. Does Isaiah 43:10 teach that all Christians should evangelize?
6. Is Christianity mainly about following Jesus?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.